Re: Alarms

To: "Ryan. Philip" <Philip.Ryan@mail.esb.ie>, 1-Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Alarms
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:37:20 +0100
Phil,

Philip wrote:
> I was wondering what some of you had done to prevent your classic
> cars from being stolen.

Put them on axle stands in a locked garage... No?  It works! ;-)

> I'm thinking of putting in bonnet locks to my Spitfire along with
> an immobilizer switch mounted in the firewall, accessible in the
> cubby hole on the drivers side, but with the workings on the engine
> bay side.

That's roughly what I once did to my Spitfire. I also added an alarm
kit. [And put it up on axle stands in '83 - still not stolen! ;-) ]

On the '8 there's going in a breaker in the battery main line, and
when I can afford it; Keyless entry kit and Alarm kit plus a Starter
motor immobiliser. The keyless kit will be enhanced with the rear
door handles from the LandRover Discovery [no key holes!].

/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4