TR4 Starter Motor Wanted: Any condition

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Starter Motor Wanted: Any condition
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:27:50 +1300
I lost the battle, but not the war.  I have to fallback, regroup and get
reinforcements.  Man vs. Lucas, man will eventually prevail.

I sandblasted my TR4 starter motor housing, painted it, replaced the
bushings and the brushes.  Not to mention finding out the very hard way
that the nut at the end of the pinion is LEFT HAND THREAD.

When my friend had it chucked up on the lathe, to turn down the armature
a bit, that's when we noticed that the shaft was bent hideously beyond
repair.  Bowed like a bannana, twisted like a pretzel. A run out of
0.1301 !

So PLEASE if you have junked a starter motor, I want to hear from you.
Any TR3 starter after TS 50001 up to TR4A would be absolutely OK.

Will Daehler
63 TR4 CT25340