Re: shipwrites disease

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: shipwrites disease
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 07:40:48 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Michael Ferguson wrote:

> Brad Kahler wrote:
> >
> > I think I'm starting to get a bad case of ship wright's disease on my TR4.
> >  As I continue to work on it I seem to be taking more and more thinks
> > apart instead of putting more things back together!!  As I was working on
> > the inner sills a little while ago I was sitting there trying to decide
> > how hard it would be to rig up a hoist and raise the body off the frame.
> > If I keep going at this rate I won't even have a frame ready to drive to
> > VTR Maine next year.
> >
> > Can someone tell me if there is an antidote for this disease?
> >
> Buy a Honda??
> --
        Shipwrights Disease (Mechanica Perpetuae Obligatorum Virulens) is a
        virus... for that matter it may be a "slow-virus"... Sorry, like
        herpes, once you get it... YOU'VE GOT IT... forever...

        Take faith in knowing that outbreaks are followed by brief periods of
        remission... Drugs can forstall the outbreaks of SD however, when
        symptoms do recur, they seem to be worse for the delay.

        You are doing all you can for the disease by joining a support group.

        Greg "I'm not a doctor..." Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois