Re: BMHIT Certificate Questions

To: mcline@c4.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BMHIT Certificate Questions
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:14:34 EST
In a message dated 98-11-10 18:18:11 EST, mcline@c4.com writes:

> Received my BMIHT certificate today for my
R7. I love it! Can someone help
>  answer some questions.
>  What does "Date despatched" mean?
>  My Destination is "Personal Export Delivery", what is this?
>
>  The car was Built "30 Sept. - 2 Oct 1981" and Despatched "5 March 1982"

OK, I'll give it a shot.  "Date despatched" means the date when it left
Coventry and was driven to London for pickup.  Coventry is about 2 1/2 hours
away from London.

"Personal export delivery" means that whoever bought it picked it up
him/herself  in London and then shipped it out of the UK.

Your car was probably ordered for pickup in the UK several months before the
build dates.  It then sat at the factory in Coventry until the buyer was ready
to pick it up in London (the place where it was normally picked up by the
driver).

I ordered my car at Standard Triumph NY in Jan '64 for a "June pickup."   It
was built on 14 May 1964.  I arrived in London on 10 Jun '64 and called the
Triumph HQ number in London.  My certificate shows the car was "despatched"
on 11 Jun 64 and I picked it up in London on the beautiful morning of 12 June
1964.

I'm sure that John Mac (hi John) will also answer your question. He worked
there.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (!st car ever owned/original owner/"factory
pickup"/daily driver still)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant etc.