Welders

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Welders
From: "Norman Overington" <ngo@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 02:23:16 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 06:45:01 EST
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: Welders

<< Listers,
I am in the market for a welder, and would like some advise. I have heard
of the MIG with the flux core wire, which does not require a gas sheild
from a separate tank.
Has anyone used this setup and if so how did it work for you. What are the
advantages and disadvantages.

Jack,
I agree with what Scott Helms has written.
I use a make named Clarkes.   I use 9mm wire and there is an option whereby
one can use a gas canister and connect it to a plastic tube fitted at the
back of the machine.    With the gas canister you reverse the polarity.
It is a good set up for the home user and so simple to use.
The machine is labelled "no gas".
Don't forget the eye shield.
Norman Overington
ngo@globalnet.co.uk