Triumph Ownership - Rekindled Love

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Ownership - Rekindled Love
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 12:18:05 EST
Hello Listers,

This story may be a little corny so I'll understand if you delete now...I
hesitated sharing it at first but after being on this list for only 3 months,
I think it'll put a smile on your face!

After a lonely 20 year dry spell without owning a TR, my biological clock (and
finances) said the time was right this past summer so I began searching for my
perfect TR6 - to revisit the great memories I had with my '69....and my '58
TR3....and my 66 Spitfire...etc.

Well, I stopped the search because I realized that having it share garage
space with my truck wouldn't work so I decided to build a detached garage
where it could reside in comfort with other handsome relics - old tractor
being one!

I'm playing the role of general contractor - collecting carpentry IOUs from
friends whom I've helped with previous projects.  The concrete work was
finished over the weekend - framing begins this weekend....just in time as
morning temperatures last week were in the twenties!

So....with any luck, I'll be back scanning the classifieds after the Holidays
(not a good time I realize) but I will be ready.  After attending shows over
the summer, looking at old photos of my LBCs and reading Robson's books and
"Triumph Sports Cars" by Krause I'm going nuts....

Oddly enough, my wife really supports all of this (including the
garage)....maybe it was those old pictures of her (pony tail, tan...) in the
TR6 down at the Jersey shore with the top down that did it....hmmm - this is a
good thing!

Well, if any of you hear of a seller for a TR6 or TR4 in the eastern part of
PA sometime after January, drop my a line.

Enjoy the day

Chip Krout
(commission number coming soon!)