Copying A Haynes Manual

To: "TR6_Mail" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Copying A Haynes Manual
From: "Wayne Tallack" <tallack@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 17:27:07 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Attached is a copy of an email I received from Haynes when I asked them
about permission to photocopy or scan the TR6 manual since it is no longer
available in order to make it available for the cost of materials to those
on the list that want one but can't locate one.

I thought their answer would be interest to those still looking for one of
manuals.

"Dear Wayne,

Thanks for your e-mail re the Triumph TR6 manual.

It is unfortunate that this manual is currently out of print.  We are
investigating short-run printing techniques and I hope that before too long
we will be able to offer reprints of old titles at realistic prices.

Meantime, I have to tell you that photocopying, scanning etc for sale to
third parties, even on a non-profit basis, is not officially permitted.
However, I appreciate that you are not proposing a commercial operation and
in practice I don't think that the likelihood of you being found out is very
great."

Best wishes

Matthew Minter, Editorial Director, Motortrade Division

Wayne Tallack, Ottawa Canada
1972 TR6  CC83984U