Paint Removal and Air Tools

To: "TR6_Mail" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Paint Removal and Air Tools
From: "Wayne Tallack" <tallack@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:30:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I want to tackle removing all the old paint (at least 2 Uh Oh Macco type
jobs by DPOs) and doing the required body work myself.  I've convinced the
wife that maybe I should by an air compressor and assortment of sanders
sprayers etc.  It is even possible to buy a practical compressor for home ie
20 gallon and run a sander or does it really take a pro size unit.  (Maybe I
could convince the wife that it's a second
water heater :)

Is there any consensus to the best mechanical method for paint removal?  Is
there a suitable electric tool i.e. angle grinder type thingy?  Or is
sandblasting the preferred method?

I'd like to hear/see anyone's experiences/suggestions.

Wayne Tallack, Ottawa Canada
1972 TR6  CC83984U