Re: TR6 axle shafts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 axle shafts
From: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 20:11:57 -0600
Chad,

I have been experiencing the same type clunking noise, and have replaced
the u-joints as well. However, and you may have already
done this, check your differential mounts, the metal part on the chassis
and the rubber parts on the differential. My bushings were
cracked and mis-shapened(a word?) and did not seat well against the metal,
thus allowing enough "play" to cause movement and thus the sound. I plan on
replacing them with polyurethane mounts from British Parts Northwest (just
received them today).

Victoria British has the axle shaft assembly listed for $164.95. But I am
sure some good used ones are around at your local Brit yard.

Let me know if that fixes your problem
Good Luck
Jack Clark '74 TR6