RE: oil pressure

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'Jeff Arrowsmith'" <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Subject: RE: oil pressure
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 16:27:28 -0000
engine runs great, I'll have to cross check on the BMH certificate if its
the original engine, if it is its done 75k mls according to the odometer. it
does it as well when hot (must be, who accelerates hard when the engine is
cold?) and it does it as well when accelerating gently but that doesn't show
up that pronounced. You may be right in saying that the gauges might not be
high precision, but I always found that the relative reading rather than the
absolute reading is the information that you want. Now where do I get a
second pressure gauge, may be I can take the one out of the marcos, anyone
knows if the thread is the same?(I.e. smith from a Mini)