Re: refitting Tenax stud

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: refitting Tenax stud
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:36:47 -0800
Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the beginning of this thread, but let
me mention two things:

An old "on-the-road" repair for screws/bolts that are backing out
from vibration (or wear) is to stuff the hole with steel wool and
thread the fastener back in. This works amazingly well. You might
substitute bronze wool to avoid corrosion.

A modern variant is a Loctite product for thread repair: it's basically
a fancy epoxy that you put into the hole. You coat the male portion
with a release agent and install. Wait for the epoxy to harden.
Remove the male portion, et voila, a repaired hole that will take
serious loads (I've seen it used for timing cover bolts, and have heard
of someone repairing a bearing surface).