Re: TR6 Springs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, here@best.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Springs
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:17:14 -0800 (PST)

 Steve,

 I have the comp springs on my TR6 (both front and rear) and I used the
 alum. spacers on both ends. The front ones I got from Moss in LA. They
 are for the TR4 but can be made to fit the TR6.
 The ride will be worlds better only after your shocks are upgraded.
 I used KONI's (4 clicks in) on the front and Apple HD rebuilds in the
 rear.

  Hope this helps.

  -jimb
  http://www.tyeetriumph.org

>   I'm completing the rear suspension rebuild on the TR and I'll be
> moving onto the front shortly. Everything that wears was completely worn
> out. I used poly trailing arm bushings and the blue competition springs
> - to prevent the rear sag problem from ever returning again. Aluminum
> spacers are being used to get the ride height back to spec, assuming
> that will even be necessary once the car is back on the ground.
>
>   My question is this: When replacing the front springs, am I committed
> to using competition springs here as well? If  new stock springs are
> used, will I experience increased oversteer or other handling problems?
> I am concerned that comp springs up front may cause too harsh a ride to
> be enjoyable.
>
> Thanks, and hopefully this isn't too silly a question.
>
> Steve
> '74 TR6  CF17135U
> Ojai, Ca

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                      ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##