Re: Commission # Question

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Commission # Question
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:26:54 EST
In a message dated 98-10-26 14:07:07 EST, Brad.Kahler@141.com writes:

<< I faxed the type of car, engine number and the
 small body # tag info to BMIHT with my credit # and within 10 days I had a
 response back with the correct comm # for the car.  Cost was $40. >>

Speaking of this, is there any source to identify matching numbers without
buying a certificate?  I have a "car" that isn't worth spending $40 on but I'd
like to know if the engine, tranny and rear end numbers match.  At one point I
thought TRA or VTR had a way to check numbers for $10 or so... anyone know of
such a thing?

Thanks...
Don Marshall
'57 TR3