TR3 Side Curtains

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Side Curtains
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:34:47 -0600
With each of the TR3's that I recently picked up there was a set of side
curtains.

One set is made out of steel and is very badly corroded.  This pair used the
Dzus style of fasteners.

The set that came with the most recent car has frames that are made out of
aluminum.  Has the slide type windows and uses the earlier style of
mounting with the thumb screw on the side.  Also this set of side curtains
has an aluminum sheet metal lower portion that would normally have had
the zippered opening to open the door from the inside.  I'm assuming that
someone added this at a later date.  Was this second set producted by
triumph or is it some kind of after market model?

TIA

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964  Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1961 TR4                   CT288L (OD)
1966 TR4A                (Parts Car)
1959 TR3A  (2)          (Two to make one?)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108