GT6/Spitfire: Intermediate muffler dimensions?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6/Spitfire: Intermediate muffler dimensions?
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:36:09 -0400
I'm getting creative with a free-flow exhaust system
for my GT6.  Bear with me for a moment.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the intermediate muffler fitted
to some GT6's and Spitfires?  In other words, what will fit in that
space?  (Yes, it's true, I don't want to crawl under my car at the moment.  It's
much warmer here in the study.)

I'm in the process of replacing my entire exhaust train, and wondering if
a turbo muffler (6" dia. by 14") will fit under the car (probably not).
Perchance this could be custom fit on a pipe that ends
in Monza tips (not the muffler) at the rear?  Or would this just
end up being louder than a Monza system?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6