Rear lever shocks for TR250

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rear lever shocks for TR250
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:00:10 -0500
Just finished de-tarring (?) my car yesterday. Used a blowtorch. Like a hot
knife thru butter. Only started 1 small fire in the garage, but since I had
my water bottle close by, no damage! Luckily, my wife doesn't venture down
to the garage much late at night.

Anyway, my question. I'm trying to do as much of the car as possible by
myself instead of farming work out, both because 1) I want to learn; and 2)
I'm cheap! As I took the rear lever-type shocks off of my car, I thought to
myself that if TRF/Moss/Rimmer/Victoria British sell reconditioned shocks,
they must be rebuilding them. And if they can rebuild them, why can't I? But
of course, none of these shops sell such kits. What is entailed in
rebuilding an old shock? Are we talking about replacing rubber bushings,
just changing/adding shock oil, what?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.
Bryan