Re: GT6 F-F Exhaust Options?

To: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 F-F Exhaust Options?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 06:29:38 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I remember sometime back, I had made up a muffler for the V6 using a *true*
turbo muffler small enough to be mounted transverse across the back as
stock, with proper mandrel bent 90 sections of 2" pipe, then at the rear I
split this into twin pipes exiting out the right rear (as stock) with a
couple of Monza chrome tips.  Looked really good, and sounded great too.
nice note at idle, and at speed on the freeway was actually quieter then
the one I have now.  When you got on it, it would roar.  I got lazy and
wanted a period sound so when it was time to replace I used a TR6 muffler,
figuring on about the same displacement (2.5 vs 2.8 liters), that I
modified to fit the Spitfire (you have to cut the pipes and turn them 180
and reweld).  Got twin chromies on that too, so you have a few options-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (someday soon back on the road)