Re: Leaky GT6 Spin-on filter kit--SOLVED!

Subject: Re: Leaky GT6 Spin-on filter kit--SOLVED!
From: Isaac Crow <isaac@avana.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 08:50:25 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  It appears at this time that replacing
the fatter internal o-ring with the thin one , along with reseating the outer
seal, has solved the problem.  I made sure not to tighten the retaining bolt
down very tight this time.

  Hopefully this means I won't have to do any machining.  Now to attach the
filter relocation kit to the spin-on adapter!  Then I can be at risk of leaks
in five additional places!!!

BTW, my adapter kit was the MOCAL, purchased from H.D. Rogers & Sons,
Bossier City, LA  (hdrsons@iamerica.net).  Pretty happy with their prices &
service.

Isaac

--
**Work is the curse of the drinking class. **
      --Oscar Wilde