Re: TR4A What is right price?

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4A What is right price?
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 21:50:29 -0400
Malcom,

Thanks for your input.  Since you said that you are a cheapskate,
I'd guess that your $5500 is on the low side, and your guess
of the $10k asking price in on the high side.  So.....
split the difference, and it looks like $7750 would be
reasonable???  I thought I might offer $8000 unless
I find some serious problems on my second look.

Re:  TR4 block.  I checked the engine block number,
and it is in the region if 51000E.  That puts it in the
TR4A line, but not original to this CTC66000 car.
Why does it have the breather?  (they CAN be retrofitted)
I have to look in to this more.  Why is the air/fuel mix OK?
The PCV should be sucking a bunch of air.  Maybe it is plugged.
(the hoses are right...)

I am going to ask a friend who is a professional TR, etc mechanic
to give it a once over.  I find that a new turn signal switch is about
$44 from Moss.  I think the brake master's seals are weak, that is
another $11 or so.  Still no idea about the cost of a new/old Tach.

-Tony