Gt6 front brakes

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Gt6 front brakes
From: "paul stapleton" <paul-s@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 21:45:59 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi listers,
       well i was after a little help, my front brakes have been binding on
the drivers side (uk) the previous owner,I won't call him a dpo as on the
whole he did a excellent restoration job, however a few corners were cut and
although she has new disk's and brake pad's and new copper brake pipes all
round he did'nt for some reason only known to himself overhaul the calipers.
    I took the brake pads out this afternoon and had a look around and the
rubber seals on the piston are shot they have holes in them and the piston
on the outside won't move i can only assume (as i hav'nt looked yet) that a
similar situation is occuring on the other side as when i put the brakes on
the car dos'nt pull to one side or the other but stop's in what I thought
was an acceptable manner.
    anyway after looking in the parts book i discover that i can get a
repair kit but i have never fitted one! is it easy? anything to look out for
? and should i fit new pistons at the same time as they are relatively
inexpensive. I don't  know if it is important but the car is'nt fitted with
a servo unit yet!  But i do intend on bleeding the brakes to replace the
brake fluid at the same time.
    Any help that any of you can put my way will be appereciated
thank's in advance
paul