Leaky GT6 Spin-on filter kit

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Leaky GT6 Spin-on filter kit
From: Isaac Crow <isaac@avana.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:16:09 -0400

Has anyone else had this problem with the Mocal adapter kit?

I am using the larger internal o-ring, and have tightened the thing up
pretty tight.  Initially I had no leaks, then the car leaked down
overnight after being run.  Now it leaks from the bottom of the adapter
plate whenever started.  There is no visible gap at the bottom.  My
engine is from a '70 GT6+.  I am planning on attaching a filter
relocation kit to the adapter plate, but obviously I have to fix the
leak first.  Any suggestions?  Do I need an even fatter O-ring?  Should
I have used the thinner o-ring that was also included with the kit?  I
appreciate any comments or help!

Isaac Crow
'74 Spit6+
Winder, GA, USA
--
**Work is the curse of the drinking class. **
      --Oscar Wilde