speed bleeders

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: speed bleeders
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 18:23:43 -0600
Every once in a while the topic of Speed Bleeders
<http://www.speedbleeder.com/> to bleed hydraulic systems comes up. I have
not paid attention too much in the past but having bled my brakes a few
times recently I am now more curious than before.

So this question goes out to those who have used them... How do you
determine that you have pumped enough times? (ie. How can you tell is no
more air bubbles are coming out the tube attached to the bleed screw?).

I am having a hard time visualizing this when only one person is doing the
bleeding. Unless I am mistaken, they don't solve this problem. Can anyone
with experience using them please comment?

Thanks in advance,

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---