Re: A Moss is a Moss(UK) is a Moss...

To: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A Moss is a Moss(UK) is a Moss...
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:52:54 EST5EDT
> From:          "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
> To:            triumph owners digest <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject:       A Moss is a Moss(UK) is a Moss...
> Date:          Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:09:54 -0500

> When I asked Moss US why they didn't carry all the Hi-Pro parts that Moss UK
> carried they told me that ...

I think one of the factors why Moss dropped some of the TT stuff was that by
the time
Moss US marked up the UK prices repeatedly they were WAY out of line. I.E.
Limited slip
diff $1450 Cam $330, let alone Webers--but that's another story.... It's just
that there
are other guys who do it better, cheaper...

I'm happy Moss is consentrating on original parts-- someone should... I'm a bit
worried
about TRF, although I continue to have good luck with them...

P.S. it's not that there's anything wrong with the stuff from TRF (although
Moss'
TR2-4A catalogs are much better, at least until their big cat comes out) TRF
continues to
be my first chioce for original parts, I'm just worried about their survival...
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900