Re: TR6 Carb rebuild and adjust

To: Rengrave@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Carb rebuild and adjust
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 07:04:06 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Wayne:

First, it is my recollection from this topic from a while back
that platinum plugs are not recommended. The Bosh are fine, but
with standard tips. When you install the new Sports Coil, gap the
plugs to .035.

Sounds like the mixture with current setting is way too rich.
To try and correct this without really testing to get car
running, use the mixture setting tool and turn the tool
(engages the jet) counter clockwise to weaken the mixture. Once
you get the engine running, with the air filter unit off, slightly
lift the piston (1/8") with a screw driver and listen to the
response of the engine. If rpm have immediate increase, you have
rich mixture. If immediate decrease or stall, weak mixture. If
you get slight increase then return to level, good mixture.

Your jet may be stuck, thus allowing too much gas into the mix.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6