Re: Rollbars and Tonneau Covers

To: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Rollbars and Tonneau Covers
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 11:44:26 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Lee,
What I did on my Spit, is to make a slit from the outside perimeter
(between snaps) to the center of the rollbar and cut away the
unnecessary material.

I then had an upholstery shop install a bead on the two cut pieces and a
velcro fastener to keep it together.

Then I had them install a cone of similar vinyl fabric that is sewn into
the tonneau and sticks up surrounding the cutout for the rollbar.  The
cone is slit and is wrapped around the rollbar and fastens with another
velcro fastener.  It isn't completely water tight, but it is about as
close as one can hope to achieve.  And it not only looks good but it
works well.

Joe

--

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer