Carbon Buildup

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carbon Buildup
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 11:17:05 -0400
Brad, I checked with the parts man I mentioned to you and he says the
product is called "44K" and is made by Lubricare. It's designed as a
fuel additive and is intended to remove carbon buildup. He says they've
never used it to soak a manifold, but have soaked valves and fuel
injectors and the like with success. (Fuel Injectors? - On a TR?
Actually, he's a VW parts manager...)

Now the bad news - it's $18 for a 12 oz can! Probably need too much of
it for your application, but it might be useful for small parts. Maybe
you should just reassemble, carbon and all, and when you get it running,
add a can of this stuff. Hope the coke works.

Good luck.

Michael Ferguson