RE: TR6 Diff Mount Weld

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Diff Mount Weld
From: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:55:01 +0000
On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:40:22 -0700, Gordon Buck wrote:

>Scott,
>I had to have mine welded up several years back, and there was a
place the local LBC mechanic used that he referred me too.   I drove
the car down, left it for a couple of days.   He dropped the diff and
welded it up for me.  Haven't had any problems since.  Don't know
where you are, but I'm in the Seattle area.  The place I took it to was
White Center Blacksmith.  There should be someone not too far that
can help you out.  Good luck.

>Gordon Buck
>Sultan, Washington
>71 TR6  CC62806
>67 MGB GT

I kind of wanted to get it done before putting the car on the
road.  I could probably get a guy to come out with portable
equipment if he's not nervous about the gas tank (the exhaust
system is out of the car).  I hate to pay someone to pull the
diff in his shop, since I can do it easily enough.

scott s.
.