Spitfire leg room.

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire leg room.
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 19:58:03 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Bryan,
I am 6' 2" and closer to 250lb than 200lb. I have a Mk I Spit which I've
owned for 12 years.
I find the legroom more than adequate even on longer trips. HOWEVER, the
height of the windshield frame is quite low.  I don't use the car for daily
transportation and almost always drive with the top down.  In this mode the
car feels great.  When the top is up I feel very cramped for head room and
have to lean way down to see a red light when stopped in traffic.  I would
say if you plan on open air pleasure driving you will love a Spitfire. If
not, you may not like it for long.
Dan Elder