price check

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: price check
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:36:00 -0400
Having been back on this list for a few months now, I have succumbed
to the subtle (almost subliminal) influence of the many signature
files which are accompanied by impressive lists of Triumphs.  I
love my Spit 1500 (now that it is running fine), but I find myself
looking at the classifieds most every day.  Yesterday there were
some interesting ads.  My problem is that I know very little about
what constitutes reasonable prices these days.  Can I ask if any
of the following sound like good deals?  I haven't seen any of
these yet, but I probably will this weekend.  Everything listed
is based on what the owners told me.

1973 Spitfire:  Looks good and could be a daily driver.  New seats,
no cracks in crash pad, newly rebuilt engine.  Paint (white) not
great, rust in driver side floorboard.  No hard top, no overdrive.
Asking $2000.

1980 MGB:  Great condition.  British racing green (a few scratches),
hard top and worn soft top.  Cracks in crash pad, no overdrive.
Asking $2500.

1974 TR-6 engine and transmission:  Came out of PO's car when he put
in a V8, but was running.  Has carb(s?), starter, and everything
else.  No overdrive.  Stored several years inside garage (he was
looking for a TR-6 body but gave up).  Asking $300.

These look like pretty good deals to me, but what do I know.  What do
you think?

Tim Gaines
Clinton, SC

Spit 1500 (all alone)