Re: TR3A trunnion installation question

To: astorey@magni.berry.edu
Subject: Re: TR3A trunnion installation question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:44:08 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< A friend of mine with a 1960 TR3A is having a problem with his
 installation of new trunnions and bushings.   After he reamed the
 bushing in the lower A-arm, the bushing on one side is binding.  He
 has a clearance of about 2 thousandths between the trunnion pin and
 the bushing.  Can he ream it out another 1 thousandth to stop the
 binding?  Or is there another way to solve the problem?

Alan -

This is the outer lower wishbone, right?
Haven't seen one yet that didn't need to be reamed out. How much I don't know
- 2-3 thou doesn't seem like much. I wouldn't go so deep as to obliterate the
"grease grooves".
Hope this helps.

Ken Nuelle
58 3A