Re: re Copper Oil Guage Line

To: Chris Leah <crl@intekom.co.za>
Subject: Re: re Copper Oil Guage Line
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 13:55:22 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: peterz@merak.com, Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Chris Leah wrote:

> Why don't you put a 2" loop in the copper line? This should take out most of
> the vibration and cater for any engine movement relative to the body/gauge.
> The loop should be in the engine compartment, I would think.

Copper can get brittle after being flexed.  I'd use a flex hose to bridge
the gap between engine and firewall (scuttle), like what my TR4 has.  It
looks a lot like the brake & clutch flex hose.

You may be able to find bulk high-pressure hose, as well.  The brake
system has thousands of pounds of force- the engine oil should top out at
70 or 80.  So the hoses (and fittings) don't need to be as robust.

-Malcolm