Fuel Pumps

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel Pumps
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:22:32 EDT
Ed Hamilton wrote:

I spent some time this afternoon looking at various fuel pumps.  One
model, which struck my interest, was unfamiliar to me.  Has anyone heard
of a brand or manufacturers name of "bellows" or "burrows"? -- something
like that.

Sorry, I have no knowledge of those,but...

Additionally, should anyone have a particular favorite, I would welcome
the suggestion.

But...I personally really like my Facet Competition 'Red-Top' or 'Silver-Top'
(I forget which for the moment) electric pumps on my Vitesse, they do just
fine for those thirsty Triple Webers...

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton
'80 Spitfire

Hope that's useful information.
ps.Don't bother with Lucas pumps, they are horrible!
Leon

63/97 Vitesse 2L Cv (Triple Weber 40DCOE's)(fast/thirsty/primadona show-car)

67 Herald 1200 Cv (evolution special)
presently on a 1300cc with single Stromberg CD,(slow/reliable/frugal)
ex.SU HS6 on supercharged 4-port 1200,(torquey/quite
fast/noisy/fun/unreliable)
ex. Twin Weber 40DCOE's on 8-port
1200,(powerful/fast/noisy/thirsty/fun/reliable)
ex Twin SU HS2's on 4-port 1200,(not so slow as before/leaky carbs)
ex Single Solex on 4-port 1200, (reliable/slow/frugal/constantly blocked carb)
TO BE Holley on V8 Rover/Buick 3.9L (scary,scary monster Herald)
(project in parts/cash acquisition stage).

90 Peugeot 405 GLD
(not a carb or any gas in sight...it's a Diesel)

Leon F Guyot
(always TRying to improve the TRiumph)