Re: Draining and refilling diff. on TR6.

To: johnw@wrq.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Draining and refilling diff. on TR6.
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:01:34 -0400
"I thought, why not just drop all of this Castrol 80/90 into the funnel,
force the tube deep into the back end of the diff., and see if this
technique will flow out the "old" fluid in favor of the new fluid. I figure
at least 50% of the new fluid will remain in the diff."

This will make quite a mess. Why not get some sort of suction device, like
a kitchen baster, and suck all or most of the old lube out, then refill
with fresh?

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.