Re: Increasing number of fuses - TR3A

To: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Re: Increasing number of fuses - TR3A
From: Jeff Raymond <raymo1@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:30:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Angelo Graham wrote:

> Hello listers:
> Wondering if anyone (TR3, 4) has fitted a larger fuse block to increase the
> number of fused circuits?  Seems we could get a bit better protection if
> some of the circuits were isolated and fused separately and not protected
> through the 2  30 amp fuses on the existing old (stock) fuse panel.  Anyone
> attempted this?
>
> Thanks,
> Angelo Graham
> 1959 TR3A
> Waterloo, Ont. Canada

Angelo - I did just that.  The original fuse block was broken and had
only
one 30 fuse to power everything.  I ordered a modern fuse block
(4 switched and 3 constants) and split things up.  There is a company
here
in Ft Worth, Texas called Painless Wiring (www.painlesswiring.com) that
offers
a multitude of wiring harnesses (mainly mid-fifties american autos) and
assorted
electrical sundries.  You can get a catalog from them but they do not
sell direct
to the public.  I order from my local 'hot rod' shop.  It cost me about
$50.00.
It appears to be similar to the one VB is offering for $79.95 (I think
that was
the price).  Painless Wiring offers larger units, 12 and 24 fuses if
memory serves.

No affiliation.....  just a satisfied customer.

--
Jeff Raymond
1958 TR3A (TS28182)