TR6 clutch throwout bearing failure

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 clutch throwout bearing failure
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:20:11 -0700
Being a clutch virgin, I need to ask the following question. Will a bad
throwout bearing in a TR6 prevent shifting into selected gear
(1st/reverse)? Just replaced ALL innards for a 75 TR6 (clutch
kit/slave/crosshaft/pins(fork)/throwout bearing sleeve/tapered
pin/crosshaft bushes/redrilled "oval" pedal holes. Car refuses to select
any gear. No problem with car not running. Hydrolics appear good. Can watch
slave rod moving 1/2 or so when pedal depressed. Reason I ask about the
throwout bearing is because I had to get the brand-new sleeve machined abit
because of to tight a fit on the tranny shaft. When I got the sleeve back
from the machine shop the bearing didn't spin like new, so I had them clean
it/re-grease it and re-install back on sleeve.
Anyone on the list hear use that Toyota Landcrusiser bearing?

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!