Making dreams come true

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Making dreams come true
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 20:57:19 +0100
Hi, Guys

I know this is 'off-marque' but I was like a kid today with a new toy.
Unfortunately I couldn't keep it as 'Uncle Jaguar' would have been most
upset.
For more years than I care to remember, the car of my dreams has been a
Jaguar SS100. For me, this has to be the archetypal British Sports Car.
Rare as hens teeth and positively orgasmic to view!! We had Supercar Sunday
at Gaydon today with a rather boring lot of Ferraris, Lambos, de Tomatos
etc.
Lurking in the midst, were TWO SS100's - one of which belongs to Jaguar
Heritage and which was on loan to Gaydon for the weekend along with a C
type and an XK120. Came the time for going home, and one of my colleagues
appears from the Workshops with a fistful of keys. "Who'll help me get
these beasts inside?" says he. "I will, if I can have the keys to the SS,"
say I jokingly, and before I know it, a bundle of keys are hurtling at me
through the air.
It was bright red, with faded tan leather seats. It started second push of
the button, no synchro (or maybe it had worn out?) and a noise from under
the heavily louvred bonnet and from those exhausts, was sheer music. I took
it the long way round to the garage - i.e. round the site twice - all of a
mile and a half, and was dragged screaming in protest from the driving
seat. Sorry to bore you with all this stuff but the earth truly moved and
I'm on a high - so high in fact, the clouds are far far below.

John Mac

"Life at Triumph" in print - unique pictures and lots more. See info at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
ORDER LINE STAYS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 1998.
You can order your book through:

CANADA   Bri. Col. Triumph Registry:        michael_bayrock@bctransit.com
NEW ZEALAND   Ashley Southgate:         ashleys@es.co.nz
UK   THE AUTHOR:                                 jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
UK  Triumph 2000 2500 2.5PI Register:      t2000@compuserve.com
UK  Triumph Sports Six Club:                   bernard@tssc-hq.demon.co.uk
USA   Vintage Triumph Register:               HHUMM53@aol.com
The book will NOT be available from shops - only from the Author and Agents