Speedo cable tip

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Speedo cable tip
From: "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 12:44:31 -0600

Just had the Speedo on my TR 6 rebuilt and the guy who did the job warned
me to check the length of the inner cable vs the outer cable when hook I it
up.  The collar on the outer cable must meet the speedo and not be forced
on when tightening the "nut".  He says the speedo magnet is very close to
the face in the Smith's and if the cable is too long it will push the
magnet against the face shortening it's lifespan.  I haven't had to replace
the cable but would never have thought to  double check this.

FWIW

John
71 TR6