Speedo Calbrations...again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedo Calbrations...again
From: Scott.Mackay@intl.sematech.org
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:28:30 -0500

     Thanks to all who responded with suggestions to my speedo calibration
     questions.  The feeling I got was that it is NOT abnormal for speedos
     to be over indicating speed, up to 10%.

     What someone did bring up, however, is that the drive gear from the
     2000/2.5 trany may be different than that for the '6.  Does anyone
     have the part numbers for the drive gear and tail shaft for the
     2000/2.5 to compare to the numbers for the '6?

     My expectation is that they are the same, given that it is essentially
     the same transmission in the 4-6, GT6, and 2000/2.5.  If I compare the
     transmissions for the carb vs. PI '6, BL took up the drive ratio
     difference in the speedo calibration.  I'm begining to beleive that
     recalibration of my speedometer is in order.

     Scott Mackay
     Austin, TX