Re: wire wheel question

To: kengano@advant.com
Subject: Re: wire wheel question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:53:36 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> While shopping for wheels, a thought occurs.  Which are stronger, 48, 60 or
>  72 spoke.  I would think "more is better" but I've been wrong on my
>  engineering before.  Also, will a TR6 72 spoke fit on my TR3 splines?

Ken, more is stronger.  Triumph moved from 48 for TR2/3's to 60 for TR4's and
later to 72.  The reason was that the engine displacement was getting bigger
and the thought was that more torque etc. would require more robust wheels.
Someone else will have to answer the "TR6 to TR3 splines" question.  Cheers.

Art Kelly