Re: TR3A Low Oil Pressure

To: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A Low Oil Pressure
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 20:55:09 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I've just rebuilt my engine and have 600 miles on it. I turned the
crank, installed new bearings, pistons, sleaves, oil pump, the whole
bit. At startup it shows 80 lbs, after 15 min of running 65mph it shows
50 lbs at 3000. You come to an idle after quick running it shows more or
less 20 lbs. It was the same with my first TR3 and I drove it from Ohio
to DC all the time. Don't worry about it and change the oil to 50 wgt.
If your pressure was 20 or 30 at 3000 I might think about the rebuild.
BTW My dads 1930 Chevy has more of a splash oil system and carries 10-20
lbs at best.
--
Cheers,
Mike Thompson