Re: Out of the Closet (was TR3 engine painting)

To: Robin Hoppe <RHoppe@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Out of the Closet (was TR3 engine painting)
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 22:09:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bruce,

     I can't really help you- but, I'm curious to find out if
the inside of the engine block is painted the same color.
On TR 250 & 6 engines, it appears as though the whole
engine block was painted after casting, inside and out, be-
fore it was machined.  The end result is that all rough, sand
cast areas are paint; and all machined bosses and bores are
bare metal.
  If this engine was painted by a "creative" DPO, I seriously
doubt he would go through the trouble to thoughly strip the engine
to the bare block to make it orange.  Then again....

                                          JOE IV
                                          TR 250
                                   WALLLINGFORD, CT USA