Re: TR# Build dates and Ralph Nader

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR# Build dates and Ralph Nader
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:09:08 -0700
Cc: wises@execpc.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Art,
That phenomenon can be explained by what I have been able to piece
together from the Spitfire build date information I have gotten from the
BMIHT.  From what I can ascertain, up until 1969, Triumph did not
introduce "Model year" designated cars in August/September of the
previous year the way US automakers did.  It would stand to reason that
US dealers would go ahead and attach the next year model onto cars that
they received after the new US cars were out.  Shipping being what it
is, that would mean that some cars that were built as early as April may
have been sold as the next year model.

Actually, I have found quite often that there is quite a discrepancy in
the built vs. Licensed dates on many early Spitfires that people have
registered.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--