Re: tr6 rear shocks

To: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 rear shocks
From: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 10:02:47 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Ian,
 I haven't converted because the design doesn't allow tires wider than
185/70 or 195/60, and if you're riding around on skinny tires, then why
invest in the conversion?
The lever shocks can be revalved to give additional damping if that's
what you're after (Apple Hydraulics will do this).
 Most TR6 rear suspension problems stem from worn rubber bushings. If
you replace your trailing arm, shock link, and diff mount bushings with
urethane, replace the shock links, the rear springs with the upgrade
(from TRF, Moss & others) and have a good suspension shop set up your
rear suspension with the correct camber, the stock lever shocks in good
condition perform well and your car will handle so well you won't
consider converting. This assumes of course, your front suspension is in
good shape and you have a good set of  205/70 or larger tires.
 If everything else is worn, the conversion kit won't save you.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U