Urgent - GT6/spit clutch question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Urgent - GT6/spit clutch question
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 08:23:26 -0500
Listers,

please help me save some effort, I'm out ofmy league guessing on this one
and fear the effort of finding out myself without  input.

MY GT6 suddenly lost its clutch.  I suspect the pivot ball has busticated.
Pedal has pressure, but less, and stroke, but less.  I have dealt with air
in the systems, and of course, lots of leaks, but this is different.

Bleeding the system revealed only black fluid (I know, I know,  GT LMA DOT
4 Castrol sucks) and no air.  No change in attitude of car.

Holding pedal down and then cracking the line at the cl. master, fluid
issues AND THEN the pedal moves further down.  That is,  the pedal does not
seem to go to the floor under normal conditions.

Anybody been there?

TIA

Dave (hoping to avoid a full disassembly prior to VTR - just might try to
find an overdrive, and repaint the frame, and, and, and....)
Dave Terrick
69 GT6+
Winnipeg