Re: Fw: '75 Triumph Spitfire

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: '75 Triumph Spitfire
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 14:51:00 -0400
Cc: jaltman@altlaw.com, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe Curry wrote:

> Trevor,
> Techhnically, There was no "correct" dual SU carb setup for US 1500's.
> They all came with Single ZS carbs.  The last twin SU's to come to the
> US were on the early Mk3's with twin HS2's.  THat manifold fits the 1500
> (I have that setup on mine).  But as I'm sure you are aware, the
> European  1500s were fitted with HS4's.

  Correct, I have a Midget 1500 and the euro manifold and HS4 carbs.

  I think that is relevant, because a lot of people do "dual SU"
converstions by putting the 1300cc manifold and twin HS2s on their
1500cc engine.

  It is a dual SU conversion and is probably a good one, but it's
not the way abingdon intended a "dual SU 1500" to be.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/