TR3 charge prob

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 charge prob
From: Paulpop@ssnet.com (Paul Poplawski, Phd)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:35:53 -0600 (MDT)
hello all ... you have all been big help to me on this list so before I ask
my next question I wanted to thank you for that.  Completed a rewiring of
my car with a friend who is quite knowledgeable of these things.  By the
way I have a '57 TR3 smallmouth.  Car has been running great, all systems
to date have been working just fine.  Took it out last night, went a mile
up the street to get some gas and when I tried to start her again, nothing.
Saw a flicker in the igniton light and then an occasional full on of the
light.  But when I went to hit starter, nothing.  Turned on the lights to
see if it was battery related, almost nothing.  With that, I got a jump and
went home ... but not before a ride ... saw very little + charge occuring
on the meter.

Now is it possible that ther is a faulty generator occurring here ... the
purpose of the rewire was due to a fried harness after a serious short.
Have already replaced the voltage reg.  Any suggestions?

thanks

ャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャ
Paul Poplawski, Ph.D.
email = ppoplawski@state.de.us  or  paulpop@ssnet.com
phone (service) = 302/737-4491    weekday office = 302/577-4980