RE: Purchasing parts from private parties

To: "'Victor Michael'" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Subject: RE: Purchasing parts from private parties
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:43:08 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Victor,

I've bought several things via this list in the last six months. In all but
one case I sent the check first, and they sent the part after receiving it.
All went beautifully and I have no complaints. The only exception is my
latest, a purchase of an O/D Trans for a spit for nearly $700 including the
shipping. He takes credit cards for his normal business so that's how we are
doing it. I should get the trans next week sometime. Again, based on past
performance around here, I am expecting no problems. So far, I've been
thoroughly impressed with the honesty of the folks on the list. And I'll
continue to feel that way until proven wrong (which I do next expect to be).

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire (soon to be happy with an O/D)
62 TR3B (an empty shell w/ everything in boxes)