Re: source for door waist seal for 72 spit needed

To: "Joe Whalley" <jw@mail09.mitre.org>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: source for door waist seal for 72 spit needed
From: "Tony Childs" <tochilds@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:58:01 -0400
Joe,  if you are asking about the seal that runs from the rear top of the
door opening all the way around and up the side of the windscreen, then
what you want is called door tirm in the Victoria British (VB) catalog.
The door waist seal mounts along the top edge of the door and seals against
the window.  The door seal is listed on page 61 of the new Summer '98 VB
Spitfire Catalog (#SG 25).  You even have a choice of color and materials.
"It ain't cheap!"  Check the other usual sources as well - I think they all
offer the door tirm.

Tony Childs
"72 Spitfire - Resurrected!!!

----------
> From: Joe Whalley <jw@mail09.mitre.org>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: source for door waist seal for 72 spit needed
> Date: Tuesday, June 30, 1998 8:27 AM
>

> I am replacing the sills (removing the two layers of rotten sills gives
new
> meaning to DPO) and need new rubber seals that go around the door
opening. I
> see them refered to as Door Waist Seals as part of a major trim kit.
Anyone