Re: Need TR4A Key Blanks and replacement locks.

To: agostinihp@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Need TR4A Key Blanks and replacement locks.
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 10:52:49 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Hi there,
>       I saw your response and was wondering if you could give me
>  the names of key suppliers.  Is it located at VTR site?  Thanks
>  Hector

Hector, here it is.

The locks and keys have corresponding numbers on them.  (My keys are FS.nnn
and FP.nnn).  As I said, for TR4's, one key fits door and ignition, the other
fits trunk and glove box.  This iworks well idea for usage.  Below are several
places which can help you. (It's from an old message which I saved.)

Motorhead, Ltd. in Fairfax, VA (800 527-3140) stocks a complete set of key
blanks for British cars.  [A spare set of keys can save the cost of re-
keying.]
They cut keys from keys ($3 each), preferably for cars visiting them, so they
can
test them.  The original blanks, some of which had nice black plastic grips,
are not generally available although they sometimes surface.

Check also with Pete Groh, 9957 Frederick Rd., Ellicott City, MD
21042  (410-750-2352, 7pm to 9pm EST) who can cut keys from lock numbers.

Also try the Monster list of suppliers.

As someone said to me "What the hell is this
'Monster List' I keep hearing about?"  Based on the fact that there are
probably others out there who also don't know what it is (and are afraid - for
whatever reasons - to ask) -----

The "Monster List" is a listing of all kinds of suppliers of parts/ info /
magazines/ rebuilds for our cars.  If you go to:

www.team.net/sol/britpart.html

and look around you will see what I mean.  You can even download the current
list and print it out.  Then stick it in a sandwich bag and in the boot (trunk
for
North Americans) for those times when you might need a part by the side of the
road.  Now how did I know that? :-)

Good luck, Hector.  Please let me know how the key caper turns out so I can
help anyone else who has the same problem.  Cheers.

Art Kelly