GT6+ Wheel Alignment

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6+ Wheel Alignment
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 05:19:46 -0700 (PDT)

First off,

thanks to all who helped with my questions regarding putting the rear
end of my GT6+ back together! I drove it to work (60 miles round trip)
on Monday what fun! That Monza exhaust sure looks cool, but boy is it
loud! At least it's a "mellower" sound compared to the $10 muffler
I've had on the car for the last 10 years!

Of course now I wonder about checking the alignment of the front and
rear wheels... I've heard of making marks on tires, measuring
distances with marks at the front and then turning the tires, and
measuring again with the marks at the back. Is this the accepted
method for the DIY type?

Beyond the method, can someone suggest what the toe in/out should be
at front and rear wheels? For now, the car is used only for the
occasional "blat" around the countryside, though I do look for curvey
roads and drive 'em hard!

tia,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ "on the road again"